If your child was born after January 1st 2015, there's now a new way to apply for their primary school place in Haarlem and surrounding area. Your child can start school when they are 4 years old and has priority in the six nearest schools to where you live, (there are a few exceptions like the Free school where every child has equal priority).
To find out which schools are closest – check out https://cjgkennemerland.nl/sociale-kaart/schoolwijzer entering your postcode, house number and date of birth of your child.
There are then 5 steps you need to follow:
1. Choose your preferred school and collect a registration form. If you already live in Haarlem and your child is registered with the Gemeente, you will receive this form in the post around the child's 3rd birthday.
2. Fill in the form with your 6 chosen schools, with your top choice in position 1 and submit it to this school before the closing date (which is dependent on your child’s date of birth). After handing in the form you will receive a proof of registration by e-mail within one school week. Check the details on this registration certificate. If there is an error contact the school ASAP
3. Places are allocated following processing in a central system. Every child is offered a place at the highest school of preference possible
4. Confirm your registration following notification from your allocated school
5. Start school after your child’s 4th birthday
If you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 - 5430160