In just less than a month the summer holidays are starting. How exciting it used to be as a child to await the vacation and how stressful it can be for parents trying to find something so that the kids are occupied during this long period of time.
Here are some links and tipps for you regarding summer camps in and around our area
1. SPORTSPELKAMPEN, this is a camp with a duration between 1,3 or 5 days and all about sports and games for children of different age groups betwen 5 and 17 years. It is organised in several locations around Haarlem, so make sure that you choose the one closest to you.
2. SIMBO, is a holiday camp provider, which offers camps/ workshops with a duration of 3,4,5 or 7 days based in Bergen and Bergeijk and is aimed for kids/teenagers of different age groups starting with 6 to 16 years.
3. ENGELSVOORBENGELS, this is an English speaking camp, which became more and more popular over the last years. From the 24th until the 28th of July, they do offer a camp in Heemstede, which is 10 mins south of Haarlem. This is aimed for children between 4 - 11 years. For more information, please check out their website:
4. MAD SCIENCE CAMP, do you have a little explorer or scientist at home? This organisation offers day activities (until 4pm) with a duration of 4 days in Amsterdam, Hoofdorp, Cruquis and Haarlem itself. It is aimed for kids between 7 and 11 years old.
5. CLUB ADVENTURE, this one is all about being outside, exploring the wilderness. Again, they offer different summer camps for different age groups, ranging from 5 till 16 years.
6. FOOTBALL CAMP, this is for the real soccer fan! They offers are with and without sleepovers and are aimed at children between 7 and 18 years of age. According to their website they have trained over 20,000 children in the last 11 years of existence. For more information, please check out the website:
7. LITTLE GYM, this growing chain also offers a summer program and opens it's doors to babies from 4 months until children of 12 years of age. From my understanding they are offering a flat rate for the summer and different modules depending on your demands.
Here is more:
8. VINEA, offers sailing courses and again different categories for children and young adults between 7 and 19 years. This looks like a lot of fun.
Please feel free to comment and post under this article. Can you share some other tipps? Do you have any good or bad experiences with the organisations, I have listed above? Please share your knowledge.
Thanks for reading and have a great holiday everyone!